by Laura Knight
Skip the drugstore chocolates, aim for awesome this upcoming Valentine’s weekend.
I hope these 14 ideas inspire you for Valentine’s weekend. There are picks here for couples, single friends and families. Central Florida has so much to offer — get out there and enjoy yourself!
Feb. 12-14 Festivals and Fairs in Central Florida
Why do fairs and festivals feel so date-ish? I don’t know — maybe it’s the lights and the laughter … and the smell of fried goodies.
- Harbor Nights Romantico 2016 at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel (FRIDAY the 12th ONLY, Orlando)
- Cortez Commercial Fishing Festival — Quaint fishing village, lots of seafood and fun! (Bradenton area)
- Winefest XXVI at Lakeridge Winery (Clermont) psst … read our post about Lakeridge >> here.
- Florida State Fair (Tampa)
- Osceola County Fair (Kissimmee)
- The Krewe of Sant’ Yago Illuminated Knight Parade (SAT. the 13th ONLY, Ybor City, Tampa)
And food trucks …
- Daily City ValenDINE at Fashion Square (Feb. 14th ONLY, Orlando)
Fancy Movie Night
These luxury movie theaters take “a night at the movies” up a notch with food, drinks and ambiance.
- Cinépolis (Davenport)
- Cobb Plaza Cinema Café (Downtown Orlando)
- Tampa Theatre “Shakespeare in Love” will be shown at 3pm on Feb. 14 (Downtown Tampa)
- St. Johns Rivership Co. Valentine’s cruises (Lake Monroe/Sanford)
- Caladesi Island State Park — spend the day on a Gulf Island, ferry service daily (Clearwater area)
- Leu Gardens Valentines Concert and Stroll (Orlando)
- Bok Tower Gardens (Lake Wales) — Bonus tip: picnic at Bok Tower then go to Cinépolis in nearby Davenport for a movie.
- Love Stories of the Night Sky at Emil Buehler Planetarium (Seminole State College Campus, Sanford)
- Do Good Date Night – Feb. 14th — Package meals for needy children, then enjoy beer, wine and lite bites from Swine & Sons (Longwood/Orlando area)
Dinner and Dancing on I-Drive (Orlando)
Looking for a new home to love? Check out MyFloridaHomesMLS.com for the freshest listings in Central Florida direct from REALTORS®.