A list a locavore can love.
By Laura Knight
September is an exciting month for foodies in Central Florida. Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining Month (when you can try Orlando’s best restaurants for a $33 prix fixe menu) started on September 1. And the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival kicks off on September 25 (great info about the Epcot FWF from the Disney Food Blog >> here).
I love trying new restaurants, and my favorite eateries are those that embrace the farm-to-table philosophy. After a little digital digging I’ve come up with a list of 10 farm-to-table restaurants right here in Central Florida that I’d like to try soon. And as a bonus, I discovered that several of these restaurants are participating in Magical Dining.
Farm-to-table, ten to try
(** indicates that the restaurant is participating in Magical Dining month)
- Ulele – Tampa Riverwalk
- TXOKOS ** – East End Market Orlando
- Crimson Tavern ** – Orlando (Airport Marriott)
- Smiling Bison ** – Orlando (live music here sometimes, word is you can find Eugene Snowden playing here from time to time, check the SB events calendar.)
- The Refinery – Tampa
- Rooster and the Till – Tampa
- Scott’s Country Café – Mount Dora (Opens for seasonal service on September 29)
- Cress – DeLand (Cress is ranked #1 in popularity for Zagat Orlando)
- The Rusty Spoon ** – Orlando
Your Kitchen! Make your own farm-to-table meal with a little help from the book, “Field to Feast: Recipes Celebrating Florida Farmers, Chefs, and Artisans.” You can read an excerpt and order a copy on Amazon.
Foodie news and finds at:
Other Slow Food Chapters >> here.
I know there are many more excellent restaurants in the area, what’s your favorite? Please share in the comments!